BBQ Chimichurri Chicken w/ Sweet Potato Wedges
Now is the time to ditch recipes that require sweating over a stovetop. I will be posting on here weekly a summer-inspired meal recipes that will get you get you excited to enjoy the seasonal produce that summer has to offer.
BBQ Chimichurri Chicken w/ Sweet Potato Wedges: This recipe has minimal ingredients but yields maximum flavor which makes it perfect for the summer.
Ingredients for 2 Servings:
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (thick stems removed)
- 2 tbsps Fresh Oregano
- 2 Garlic (cloves)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 10 ozs Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless)
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled and cut into wedges)
- Add vinegar, cilantro, oregano, garlic, 2/3 of the olive oil and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth. Occasionally scrape down the sides as needed.
- In a large bowl, coat chicken breasts in half the chimichurri sauce and set aside. In a separate bowl, coat sweet potato wedges in the remaining olive oil.
- Preheat grill on medium heat. Grill the chicken breasts until cooked, about 10 to 12 minutes each side. Grill the sweet potato wedges on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Transfer to plates and top with desired amount of chimichurri and enjoy with your family!
Coach Fatimat’s Tips: You want it spicy, add a chili pepper or red pepper flakes to the chimichurri. Storage, just refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days. Leftover chimichurri will keep up to 1 week. You don’t have cilantro, use parsley instead.