Protein Energy Shake
A great way to get a balanced breakfast or mid-morning mini-meal.
• ½ – ¾ cup water
• 1 scoop hemp or Vega protein powder (or your favorite protein powder)
• 1 handful fresh spinach or kale leaves
• 1 Tbsp flaxseed
• 1 Tbsp almond butter
• ¼ cup frozen strawberries/raspberries
• ½ frozen banana
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 1 slice of ginger – optional (skip this if you have reflux)
Pour water into a high-speed blender; then combine all remaining ingredients in blender. Begin blending on low, then gradually increase speed until highest setting. Process until smooth, about one minute. Pour and drink within 24 hours.
Frozen Banana Ice Cream
• 2 – 8 Ripe bananas (depending on number of servings), peeled, cut into chunks and frozen overnight (6-8 hours)
Remove bananas from the freezer and thaw 5-10 minutes. Put bananas in a food processor or blender and puree until you achieve a thick, soft-serve ice-cream consistency.
That’s it! Seriously! Serve immediately
Toppings – it’s always good to have options!
• Top with *Cacao Chocolate Sauce
• Top with crunchy Cacao nibs
• Top with fresh goji berries
• Top with ½ cup of roasted walnuts (heat in oven on cookie sheet for about 5 – 10 minutes. Watch them so they don’t burn!)
• Sprinkle cinnamon
• Drizzle ½ tsp maple syrup
• Drizzle vanilla extract
• Add frozen blueberries/strawberries/
Cacao Chocolate sauce:
• 4 heaping tablespoons of Cacao powder
• 3 tablespoons of agave nectar
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Mix ingredients together until it forms your desired consistency for chocolate sauce.