One of the best ways to beat the heat this summer is with a refreshingly tasty beverage in hand. Pure water is, of course, the drink of choice and should regularly be consumed to avoid dehydration. By adding a squeeze of fresh lemon to your water, you can pack even more of a beneficial punch.
But on those occasions you want a little something extra, or you’re looking for the perfect summer beverage to serve at your weekend gathering, there are some delightfully refreshing options to choose from. Whether you want to add a dash of rum into your drink or leave it kid-friendly, these drink options are sure to please (and are oh-so-easy to make)
Here are my favorite soothing summer beverages that you can enjoy with or without alcohol for more summer sunshine in your glass with no guilt:
- 1 cup organic cherry juice
- ¾ cup organic orange juice
- ¼ cup cold filtered water
- Fresh orange slices
- Alcohol option: 2 ounces of vodka
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Fill glasses with ice and pour the drink mixture in. Garnish with the orange slices.
Passionate Pineapple Punch
- 1 cup organic passion fruit juice
- 1 cup organic pineapple juice
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup coconut water
- Lime seltzer to taste
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Alcohol option: 3 ounces of rum (note: you can use a flavored rum like coconut, mango, or anything else you desire)
Mix everything except the seltzer together in a pitcher. Fill your glasses with ice and pour the contents of the pitcher in. Top off each glass with the seltzer. Add a lime wheel garnish.
- 4 cups of watermelon chunks
- 6 to 8 large basil leaves
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 quart chilled water
- Alcohol option: 6 ounces of vodka (regular or watermelon)
Puree the watermelon in your food processor or blender. Season with salt and vinegar, then strain into a pitcher. Add the chilled water (and vodka if you’re using it). Add the basil leaves and stir in.
And finally, we’ll end with one just for the adults. Sangria is a true summer delight, especially this citrusy version!
- 1 bottle (750 mL) chilled medium-dry red wine (like a Malbec or Rioja)
- 2 cups chilled lime seltzer
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 limes, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
The hardest part about this drink recipe is waiting! You combine everything into one large pitcher, cover it and chill it until it’s time to serve.
Don’t forget to consume a glass of water regularly throughout the day to avoid dehydration in the summer heat. Eating a lot of water-filled foods can help, too, such as watermelon, cucumbers, celery, etc.
We are at our new location on Van Buren and Washington-near the Stater Bros and Old Tuesday Mornings! Take advantage of our One Week Free now-Just reply “My Free Trial” to this email and we will set you up right away!
Call/Text: 951. 296. 3546
Enter your text here…