Fast, Healthy Recipes
Quick & Easy Lemon Artichoke Soup
- 64 oz. chicken or vegetable broth – organic or homemade
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4-6 artichoke hearts – water-packed, chopped
- ½ package of mushrooms, chopped
- 6 chopped asparagus – optional
- 1 egg
- 1 cooked chicken breast chopped or torn – optional
- 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice
- Heat broth in a large pot to simmering.
- Add chopped artichokes, uncooked mushrooms and asparagus.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the egg and add the lemon juice. Slowly pour ½ cup of the hot broth into the egg mixture and stir. Then slowly pour the egg mixture back into the pot and stir into the soup.
- If you are using the chicken and cooked rice, add now.
- Simmer 10 – 15 minutes and serve hot.
Can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days; in freezer one month. Makes enough to cook once, eat twice or more – or share!
Garlic Lemon Mushroom Chicken
- 4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP grated lemon rind
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP shoyu/tamari (low sodium soy sauce)
- 4 onion slices
- ½ carton of mushrooms (optional)
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley
- aluminum foil
- Tear off 4 large sheets of aluminum foil.
- Combine in a food processor/blender: lemon, garlic, rosemary, and shoyu.
- Spray olive oil with a pump spray, or brush olive oil onto aluminum sheets.
- Place chicken in center of foil, brush with lemon garlic mixture and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread onion, parsley and mushrooms over chicken.
- Fold up aluminum into a loose square packet and crimp edges tightly to seal well. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50-60 minutes; use thermometer to check for doneness.
Double the recipe to use in a variety of meal options throughout the week!